Reserve your place at the 2019 IEDA Annual Conference
Schedule at a Glance
*More Details Coming Soon
Wednesday, June 19, 2019
The Future of Work
Presented by Dean Whittaker
Technology is shaping the future of work through innovation, automation, and artificial intelligence. The exponential rate change is happening so fast that we no longer have the luxury of time to adapt to the changes but, we must, instead, prepare for the future by anticipating these changes and plan for them. In this interactive session, we will discuss the social, technological, economic, environmental, and political trends that are re-shaping how we work, where we work, and if we work. Learn how you can future-proof your career, company, and community by making wise decisions today to achieve a preferred future.
Presented by DCEO
Join the State’s largest investor-owned energy providers – Ameren Illinois and ComEd – for a panel discussion providing an overview of existing trends and initiatives driving industry innovation to create the “Grid of Tomorrow.” Invited to join our energy partners, in the discussion the Illinois Solar Energy Association to offer their insight on Illinois’ Future Energy Jobs Act (FEJA), solar development in the state.
- Mike Mueller, VP Ec Dev – Ameren Illinois
- Sheila Owens, VP of Ec Dev – ComEd
- Illinois Solar Energy Association
Join us for a panel discussion with some of Illinois Transportation Partners as we discuss the state of the industry as well as what we see on the horizon.
- Sandy Christiansen – UP Industrial/Economic Development Manager
- Eric Pitcher – BNSF Industrial/Economic Development Manager
- Dennis Wilmsmeyer – Executive Director of America’s Central Port
- Mary Lamie – Executive Director STL Regional Freightway
In 2017, Rivian Automotive completed the purchase of the former Mitsubishi Motors North America facility in Normal, Illinois. This session will discuss the process and timetable for how this deal came together and will offer lessons on how other communities can find re-uses for large vacant facilities.
- Kyle Ham, CORE Construction
- Mike O’Grady, Bloomington-Normal Economic Development Council
- Don Knapp, McLean County State’s Attorney
- Vic Narusis, DCEO
- Jim Thomas, VP of Corporate Development, Rivian
With Economic Leaders, IEDA Leadership, & Industry Partners
Sponsored by Norfolk Southern
Thursday, June 20, 2019
IEDA Business Meeting
Breakout 1 – Funding Strategies for EDOs
- Michael Cassa – President & CEO, Downers Grove EDC
- Mike O’Grady – VP & Interim CEO, Bloomington-Normal EDC
- Jarid Funderburg – VP of Business & Investor Relations, Rockford Area EDC
Breakout 2 – Workforce Development
- Dr. Ronda Sauget – Executive Director, Leadership Council Southwestern Illinois
- Sarah K. Ray – Workforce Development, Madison County
- Travis Jumper – Lewis & Clark Community College
Breakout 1 – Talent – Youth Engagement
This panel will feature representatives from three entities that have taken novel strategies to develop and retain talent within their communities by focusing on community youth. Attendees will take away from this session ideas and strategies that can be replicated in their home communities to better train and retain youth talent.
- Mitch Fisher, Main St. Codes
- Paul Rimington, Golden Corridor Advanced Manufacturing Partnership
- Austin Brooks, Midland Institute for Entrepreneurship
Breakout 2 – Incentives in Illinois
Presented by Dean Whittaker
Addressing the talent needs of existing and prospective companies are at a critical point. You will learn three approaches to the talent issue: recruitment, development, and engagement. Using a recent pilot project case study, we will explore the use of data, social media marketing, and the services of a professional recruiter to address the needs of talent for manufacturing and health care. Learn how you can implement a talent strategy to help your existing companies thrive in a talent-scarce environment.
IEDA Young Professionals – Encore
Everyone is gathering at Destihl Brewery
Bus leaves from Destihl
Back to Destihl for Tour & Networking